Business Tax Services
As tax advisers, our objective is to work closely with you to ensure you structure your business in a way that will minimise your tax liabilities. We will help you to understand the tax implications of your actions, in order that you can plan ahead and conduct your affairs in a tax efficient way.
Corporation Tax services
Under Corporation Tax Self Assessment (CTSA), the legal responsibility for correctly calculating the corporation tax liability falls on business owners. We understand the issues facing owner-managed businesses and can prepare tax returns in a timely and efficient manner. We will also calculate your company's tax liability and ensure all returns and computations are filed in the correct format. The increased reporting obligations, investigation policies on the part of the tax authorities and harsher penalties for non-compliance mean that your time and resources can be taken up with tax administration. We will help to minimise corporate tax exposure and relieve the administrative burden of compliance with current tax legislation. Effective corporate tax planning can also result in significant improvements in your bottom line.
Personal Tax (including sole-traders and partnerships)
We are specialists in income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
We have the expertise and software to take the headache out of the form filling and compliance aspect of Self Assessment. We can provide you with practical advice on personal tax positions and the planning opportunities available to you. We can complete tax returns, calculate any tax liability and advise you on exactly when to make payments and how much to pay.
- making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers;
- optimising lifetime transfers between family members;
- transferring agricultural or business property;
- transferring assets into trust; and
- arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities.
We also have expertise in dealing with trusts; a relatively easy and very tax efficient way to set aside assets for future beneficiaries outside the inheritance tax net. We can advise on the most suitable type of trust to fulfil your wishes, assist in setting up the trust and provide the full range of accounting services required for trust management.
Ever changing regulations and the growing demands of Customs & Excise mean VAT compliance can be a difficult administrative process. We can help to ensure that you comply with the regulations and that overpayments are not made. To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- assistance with VAT registration;
- advice on VAT planning and administration;
- use of the most appropriate scheme;
- VAT control and reconciliation;
- VAT experts at hand for complex queries;
- help with completing VAT returns;
- planning to minimise future problems with H M Revenue & Customs; and
- negotiating with H M Revenue & Customs in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals if necessary.